Veterinary Technician Careers
Veterinary technician career may require training and subsequent employment as a veterinary technician, your responsibilities may include:
- obtaining and recording patient case histories
- providing specialized nursing care
- preparing animals, instruments, and equipment for surgery
- assisting in diagnostic, medical, and surgical procedures
- performing dental prophylaxes
- collecting specimens and performing laboratory procedures
- advising and educating animal owners
- supervising and training practice personnel
- exposing and developing radiographs
According to Bureau of Labor Statistics Pet owners are increasingly willing to spend more on advanced health care provision for their pets, which is helping to fuel career opportunities. Whilst opportunities in zoos are expected to decline due to fierce competition and downsizing, the following are examples of places where you might find work as a veterinary technician:
- diagnostic laboratories
- wildlife facilities
- humane societies
- animal clinics
- breeders of domestic pets
- breeders of working animals (horses, dogs etc)
- biomedical facilities
- animal control facilities
- pharmaceutical or food manufacturing companies
- food safety inspection organizations.
Ready for a rewarding career? Start with a certificate or degree from Carrington College California.
- San Jose
- Citrus Heights
- Certificate in Veterinary Technology
- AS in Veterinary Technology
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
Students benefit from a balance of classroom instruction and real-world experience, learning the skills they need to go straight to work in todays competitive job market.
- Veterinary Technology