Facts About Pet Insurance
Veterinarian medical bills can be very pricey if your animal is sick or injured. Most veterinarian offices require payment up front and do not offer many financing options. Pet owners may be faced with a tough decision when they want their pets to be healthy but are faced with high veterinary medical bills. If you are faced with medical bills for your pet you may want to consider pet insurance. Pet insurance can cover your pets through times of illness and accidents. There are many different options for pet owners to choose from depending on the amount of coverage you want for your pets.
Pet Insurance Information
Pet insurance can be very helpful when there is an emergency you cannot pay for. In 2006, American families spent approximately $23.2 billion on veterinary care as reported by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). Insurance can help you pay for medical bills from your veterinarian and veterinary technician so that you do not choose between your pet and money. Pet insurance can have many different benefits for pet owners including but not limited to:
- You can stay with your current veterinarian or veterinary technician. There are no pre-approved lists that you must choose from.
- Filing a claim is very easy. Most companies have one page claim forms that can be e-mailed, faxed or mailed to your insurance company.
- Many plans have a low deductible that only need to be met each year.
- Reimbursement usually occurs in a timely manner.
- Most companies have affordable coverage plans for pet owners to choose from.
Before deciding on pet insurance, pet owners should research the various options and plans to find out what best suits their needs. It is important to research various insurance companies to ensure they are a professional and well-respected provider. It is often best to ask your veterinarian who they recommend since they work with many different pet insurance companies.
ASPCA Pet Insurance, Learn About Pet Insurance, What is Pet Insurance? - http://www.aspcapetinsurance.com/learn-about-pet-insurance/basics/what-is-pet-insurance.aspx
ASPCA Pet Insurance, Learn About Pet Insurance, Three key Facts About Vet Care - http://www.aspcapetinsurance.com/learn-about-pet-insurance/articles/3-key-facts-about-vet-care.aspx