Veterinary Technician Schools in Arkansas
Arkansas, the Natural State, gained statehood in 1836 and has a population of over 2,915,918 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. Arkansas is home to over 800 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in Arkansas have an average annual salary of $20,660 or approximately $9.93 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in Arkansas you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Little Rock, Fort Smith and Fayetteville have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in Arkansas you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in Arkansas.
Arkansas veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
- Founded in Southern California in 1998 by dog training expert Steven Appelbaum.
- The largest independent dog training company in the United States.
- Offers 11-stage programs that feature an in-home study component along with a hands-on training module.
- A member of the MyCAA Financial Assistance program, which offers eligible military spouses up to $4,000 of tuition assistance that can be used towards any of their courses.
- Helps graduates find employment and coaches those who are looking to start their own business.
- Online Courses
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Online Courses
- Founded in 1986 on the belief that education should be available to everyone.
- Offers programs for students who want to become a dental assistant, personal trainer, veterinary technician, and more.
- Provides distance learning where students complete coursework online and are only required to come to campus one or two days per week for hands-training.
- Gives financial aid to all who qualify and honors veterans benefits.