Veterinary Technician Schools in Illinois
Illinois, the Prairie State, gained statehood in 1818 and has a population of over 12,830,632 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. Illinois is home to over 2,400 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in Illinois have an average annual salary of $24,450 or approximately $11.75 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in Illinois you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Springfield, Chicago and Aurora have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in Illinois you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in Illinois.
Illinois veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Online Courses
- Founded in Southern California in 1998 by dog training expert Steven Appelbaum.
- The largest independent dog training company in the United States.
- Offers 11-stage programs that feature an in-home study component along with a hands-on training module.
- A member of the MyCAA Financial Assistance program, which offers eligible military spouses up to $4,000 of tuition assistance that can be used towards any of their courses.
- Helps graduates find employment and coaches those who are looking to start their own business.
- Online Courses
- Dedicated to providing career training to students since 1969.
- Ranks in the top 15% of all U.S. schools providing military educational services.
- Offers programs in 19 locations in 9 states, as well as online.
- Provides a career services team to help students with resume review, mock interviewing, campus career fairs, and more.
- Gives students the opportunity to study business, personal fitness, cosmetology, and more.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits