Veterinary Technician Schools in Kansas
Kansas, the Sunflower State, gained statehood in 1861 and has a population of over 2,853,118 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. Kansas is home to over 1,190 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in Kansas have an average annual salary of $21,000 or approximately $10.10 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in Kansas you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Topeka, Kansas City and Witicha have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in Kansas you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in Kansas.
Kansas veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
- Founded in Southern California in 1998 by dog training expert Steven Appelbaum.
- The largest independent dog training company in the United States.
- Offers 11-stage programs that feature an in-home study component along with a hands-on training module.
- A member of the MyCAA Financial Assistance program, which offers eligible military spouses up to $4,000 of tuition assistance that can be used towards any of their courses.
- Helps graduates find employment and coaches those who are looking to start their own business.
- Online Courses
- Provides students with academic advisors to help them achieve academic success.
- Has over 25 locations nationwide and six career-focused areas of study including nursing, business, legal studies, and more.
- Offers a ONE COURSE A MONTH® schedule that helps students fit education into their busy lives.
- Provides tutoring as part of curriculum and at no additional charge.
- Offers educational opportunities to active military personnel, reservists, veterans, and their families.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits