Veterinary Technician Schools in Louisiana
Louisiana, the Pelican State, gained statehood in 1812 and has a population of over 4,533,372 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. Louisiana is home to over 1,240 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in Louisiana have an average annual salary of $22,760 or approximately $10.94 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in Louisiana you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in Louisiana you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in Louisiana.
Louisiana veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
- Flexible Online Learning — Career programs designed for anytime learning. Study when you have time and test when you feel ready.
- Accredited and Supported — Regionally and nationally accredited programs with expert instructors available to answer your questions.
- Affordable Tuition — 0% interest and low monthly payment plans.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses