Veterinary Technician Schools in Nebraska
Nebraska, the Cornhusker State, gained statehood in 1867 and has a population of over 1,826,341 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. Nebraska is home to over 350 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in Nebraska have an average annual salary of $23,390 or approximately $11.24 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in Nebraska you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Lincoln, Omaha and Bellevue have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in Nebraska you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in Nebraska.
Nebraska veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
- Founded in Southern California in 1998 by dog training expert Steven Appelbaum.
- The largest independent dog training company in the United States.
- Offers 11-stage programs that feature an in-home study component along with a hands-on training module.
- A member of the MyCAA Financial Assistance program, which offers eligible military spouses up to $4,000 of tuition assistance that can be used towards any of their courses.
- Helps graduates find employment and coaches those who are looking to start their own business.
- Online Courses
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Online Courses