Veterinary Technician Schools in New Jersey
New Jersey, the Garden State, gained statehood in 1787 and has a population of over 8,791,894 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. New Jersey is home to over 1,550 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in New Jersey have an average annual salary of $24,950 or approximately $11.99 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in New Jersey you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Trenton, Newark and Jersey City have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in New Jersey you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in New Jersey.
New Jersey veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
- Founded in Southern California in 1998 by dog training expert Steven Appelbaum.
- The largest independent dog training company in the United States.
- Offers 11-stage programs that feature an in-home study component along with a hands-on training module.
- A member of the MyCAA Financial Assistance program, which offers eligible military spouses up to $4,000 of tuition assistance that can be used towards any of their courses.
- Helps graduates find employment and coaches those who are looking to start their own business.
- Online Courses
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Online Courses