Veterinary Technician Schools in New Mexico
New Mexico, the Land of Enchantment, gained statehood in 1912 and has a population of over 2,059,179 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. New Mexico is home to over 820 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in New Mexico have an average annual salary of $23,930 or approximately $11.51 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in New Mexico you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Santa Fe, Albuguerque and Las Cruces have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in New Mexico you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in New Mexico.
New Mexico veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
- Founded in Southern California in 1998 by dog training expert Steven Appelbaum.
- The largest independent dog training company in the United States.
- Offers 11-stage programs that feature an in-home study component along with a hands-on training module.
- A member of the MyCAA Financial Assistance program, which offers eligible military spouses up to $4,000 of tuition assistance that can be used towards any of their courses.
- Helps graduates find employment and coaches those who are looking to start their own business.
- Online Courses
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Online Courses
- Provides students with academic advisors to help them achieve academic success.
- Has over 25 locations nationwide and six career-focused areas of study including nursing, business, legal studies, and more.
- Offers a ONE COURSE A MONTH® schedule that helps students fit education into their busy lives.
- Provides tutoring as part of curriculum and at no additional charge.
- Offers educational opportunities to active military personnel, reservists, veterans, and their families.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits