Veterinary Technician Schools in Ohio
Ohio, the Buckeye State, gained statehood in 1803 and has a population of over 11,536,504 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. Ohio is home to over 2,820 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in Ohio have an average annual salary of $21,390 or approximately $10.29 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in Ohio you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Columbus, Cleveland and Cincinnati have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in Ohio you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in Ohio.
Ohio veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Online Courses
- Committed to excellence in education since 1916.
- Provides career placement where students can work with the career services team to plot a personal course to a new beginning.
- Its Graduate Placement Strategy helps students prepare for careers with externships, help building a career portfolio, resume writing, and more.
- Has employer-centric programs and employer partnerships to help provide graduates with job placement assistance.
- Gives students the chance to finish their education in as little as 18-24 months.