Veterinary Technician Schools in Oregon
Oregon, the Beaver State, gained statehood in 1859 and has a population of over 3,831,074 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. Oregon is home to over 1,340 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in Oregon have an average annual salary of $23,250 or approximately $11.18 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in Oregon you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Salem, Portland and Eugene have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in Oregon you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in Oregon.
Oregon veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
- Flexible Online Learning — Career programs designed for anytime learning. Study when you have time and test when you feel ready.
- Accredited and Supported — Regionally and nationally accredited programs with expert instructors available to answer your questions.
- Affordable Tuition — 0% interest and low monthly payment plans.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses