Veterinary Technician Schools in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania, the Keystone State, gained statehood in 1787 and has a population of over 12,702,379 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. Pennsylvania is home to over 2,940 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in Pennsylvania have an average annual salary of $23,910 or approximately $11.50 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in Pennsylvania you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Harrisburg, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in Pennsylvania you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Online Courses
- A Los Angeles-based private college offering programs in medical sciences, legal studies, and graphic design since 1985.
- Has weekend programs, including certified veterinary technology, nurse assistant, and hemodialysis technician.
- Showcases visual communication students’ artwork and design through campus magazine.
- 3 campuses in Southern California.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits