Veterinary Technician Schools in Rhode Island
Rhode Island, the Ocean State, gained statehood in 1790 and has a population of over 1,052,567 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. Rhode Island is home to over 210 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in Rhode Island have an average annual salary of $28,475 or approximately $13.41 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in Rhode Island you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Providence, Warwick and Cranston have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in Rhode Island you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in Rhode Island.
Rhode Island veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
- Flexible Online Learning — Career programs designed for anytime learning. Study when you have time and test when you feel ready.
- Accredited and Supported — Regionally and nationally accredited programs with expert instructors available to answer your questions.
- Affordable Tuition — 0% interest and low monthly payment plans.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses
- Founded in Southern California in 1998 by dog training expert Steven Appelbaum.
- The largest independent dog training company in the United States.
- Offers 11-stage programs that feature an in-home study component along with a hands-on training module.
- A member of the MyCAA Financial Assistance program, which offers eligible military spouses up to $4,000 of tuition assistance that can be used towards any of their courses.
- Helps graduates find employment and coaches those who are looking to start their own business.
- Online Courses
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Serving as America’s technical career education specialists for 75 years.
- Offers accelerated associate degree programs that can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor degree programs in as little as 3 years.
- Provides associate, bachelor, master, and online degree programs in nearly 40 technical and business management skills programs.
- Chooses its faculty members for their talent, expertise, and practical experience.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits