Veterinary Technician Schools in South Dakota
South Dakota, the Mount Rushmore State, gained statehood in 1889 and has a population of over 814,180 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. South Dakota is home to over 180 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in South Dakota have an average annual salary of $18,800 or approximately $9.04 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in South Dakota you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Pierre, Sioux Falls and Rapid City have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in South Dakota you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in South Dakota.
South Dakota veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
- Founded in Southern California in 1998 by dog training expert Steven Appelbaum.
- The largest independent dog training company in the United States.
- Offers 11-stage programs that feature an in-home study component along with a hands-on training module.
- A member of the MyCAA Financial Assistance program, which offers eligible military spouses up to $4,000 of tuition assistance that can be used towards any of their courses.
- Helps graduates find employment and coaches those who are looking to start their own business.
- Online Courses
- Flexible Online Learning — Career programs designed for anytime learning. Study when you have time and test when you feel ready.
- Accredited and Supported — Regionally and nationally accredited programs with expert instructors available to answer your questions.
- Affordable Tuition — 0% interest and low monthly payment plans.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media.
- Founded in 1885 as one of Minnesota’s first business schools.
- Features small class-sizes, experienced faculty, and flexible scheduling.
- Teaches with a technologically-focused learning model that helps to enhance the student experience.
- Offers online, on campus, and hybrid classes, with 19 locations across Minnesota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
- Nationally accredited by Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits