Veterinary Technician Schools in Texas
Texas, the Lone Star State, gained statehood in 1845 and has a population of over 25,145,561 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. Texas is home to over 4,910 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in Texas have an average annual salary of $21,560 or approximately $10.36 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in Texas you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Austin, Houston and Dallas have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in Texas you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in Texas.
Texas veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Online Courses
- Designated a Military Friendly School by Victoria Media in 2015.
- Offers various scholarship opportunities to military students who qualify.
- Provides programs in Allied Healthcare, Information Technology, Cosmetology, HVAC, Business, Massage Therapy and Veterinary Technology.
- Institutionally accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE), with online accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- 6 campuses across Texas, with a campus in Las Cruces, New Mexico and online.