Veterinary Technician Schools in Texas
Texas, the Lone Star State, gained statehood in 1845 and has a population of over 25,145,561 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. Texas is home to over 4,910 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in Texas have an average annual salary of $21,560 or approximately $10.36 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in Texas you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Austin, Houston and Dallas have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in Texas you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in Texas.
Texas veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
- Founded in Southern California in 1998 by dog training expert Steven Appelbaum.
- The largest independent dog training company in the United States.
- Offers 11-stage programs that feature an in-home study component along with a hands-on training module.
- A member of the MyCAA Financial Assistance program, which offers eligible military spouses up to $4,000 of tuition assistance that can be used towards any of their courses.
- Helps graduates find employment and coaches those who are looking to start their own business.
- Online Courses
- Designated a Military Friendly School by Victoria Media in 2015.
- Offers various scholarship opportunities to military students who qualify.
- Provides programs in Allied Healthcare, Information Technology, Cosmetology, HVAC, Business, Massage Therapy and Veterinary Technology.
- Institutionally accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE), with online accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- 6 campuses across Texas, with a campus in Las Cruces, New Mexico and online.