Veterinary Technician Schools in Utah
Utah, the Beehive State, gained statehood in 1896 and has a population of over 2,763,885 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. Utah is home to over 510 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in Utah have an average annual salary of $19,090 or approximately $9.18 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in Utah you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Salt Lake City, Provo and West Jordan have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in Utah you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in Utah.
Utah veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Online Courses
- Dedicated to helping students find career success since 1977.
- Provides relevant, real-world training with an emphasis on applied learning to ensure our graduates are prepared to succeed in the workforce.
- Offers associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, as well as diploma and certificate programs in health science, business, legal science, information technology and entertainment arts.
- Has technology-based classes that utilize Apple iPad learning in the classroom to create a more interactive and engaging environment.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits