Veterinary Technician Schools in Utah
Utah, the Beehive State, gained statehood in 1896 and has a population of over 2,763,885 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. Utah is home to over 510 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in Utah have an average annual salary of $19,090 or approximately $9.18 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in Utah you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Salt Lake City, Provo and West Jordan have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in Utah you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in Utah.
Utah veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
- Flexible Online Learning — Career programs designed for anytime learning. Study when you have time and test when you feel ready.
- Accredited and Supported — Regionally and nationally accredited programs with expert instructors available to answer your questions.
- Affordable Tuition — 0% interest and low monthly payment plans.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses
- Dedicated to helping students find career success since 1977.
- Provides relevant, real-world training with an emphasis on applied learning to ensure our graduates are prepared to succeed in the workforce.
- Offers associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, as well as diploma and certificate programs in health science, business, legal science, information technology and entertainment arts.
- Has technology-based classes that utilize Apple iPad learning in the classroom to create a more interactive and engaging environment.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits