Veterinary Technician Schools in Vermont
Vermont, the Green Mountain State, gained statehood in 1791 and has a population of over 625,741 in 2010 as per U.S. Census Bureau. Vermont is home to over 180 veterinary technicians. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2009 Veterinary technicians in Vermont have an average annual salary of $24,090 or approximately $11.58 per hour. To become a veterinary technician in Vermont you should attend a veterinary technician school. Generally, large cities like Montpelier, Essex Junction and Burlington have schools offering both associates and bachelors degrees in the field. Upon graduating from a veterinary technician school in Vermont you will need to pass the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). The VTNE is 4 hours long and covers such topics as pharmacology, laboratory procedures, and surgical preparation. Upon completion you are ready to become a veterinary technician in Vermont.
Vermont veterinary technician schools, degrees and classes:
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Online Courses
- Founded in Southern California in 1998 by dog training expert Steven Appelbaum.
- The largest independent dog training company in the United States.
- Offers 11-stage programs that feature an in-home study component along with a hands-on training module.
- A member of the MyCAA Financial Assistance program, which offers eligible military spouses up to $4,000 of tuition assistance that can be used towards any of their courses.
- Helps graduates find employment and coaches those who are looking to start their own business.
- Online Courses